Below is a list of one-off webpages that are extremely useful in my day-to-day life as a developer. I’d love to hear what other pages I am missing out on or if you have better versions of any of these tools.
1. JSON Beautifier: http://jsonviewer.stack.hu
Simple and clean UI. Handles broken/incomplete JSON very well.
2. Convert Java Date to Millis: http://www.fileformat.info/tip/java/date2millis.htm
Converts both ways. Nothing special. When I don’t want to load Eclipse.
3. Amazon EC2 Instance Comparison: http://www.ec2instances.info
Not sure how Amazon doesn’t have something like this. Chart form. Easy to compare. Keeps up to date as best as I can tell.
4. Ruby Regex Tester: http://www.rubular.com
Clean UI. Legend at bottom. Able to easy test many inputs.
5. Git Cheatsheet: http://cheat.errtheblog.com/s/git
Commonly used commands with descriptions.
6. AWS Service Health Dashboard: http://status.aws.amazon.com
Quickly see if a service you depend on is having trouble.
7. AWS Service Pricing: http://www.cloudomix.com/pricing
Cost of all services and comparison. A lot of information.
8. Apache Hive Functions: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+UDF
List of all built-in functions with descriptions.
9. TCP Variables:https://www.frozentux.net/ipsysctl-tutorial/chunkyhtml/tcpvariables.html
Simple list with descriptions all in one place.
10. Find Ruby Gems: https://www.ruby-toolbox.com
Quick way to find and compare gems with same purposes.
11. IP Address Lookup: http://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip_demo
Most reliable and matches most accurately.
12. Colour Palette Search: http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/search
User generated palettes that you can search by color.
13. Online Diagram Creator: https://www.draw.io
Great for architecture diagrams.
14. Nerd jokes: http://devopsreactions.tumblr.com/archive
When you are having a bad day.
That’s all I have. These help me tremendously through my work day and help make my life more productive. What are yours?